Waterloo firefighters respond to carbon monoxide call

Jan. 4, 2018, Waterloo, Ont. – Firefighters in Waterloo, Ont., responded to a carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning call after reports of a gas leak on Wednesday.

When fire rescue crews arrived at the residential building, their gas monitoring equipment indicated high levels of CO due to a faulty heating unit on the roof.

The building was evacuated and the unit was shut down.

Firefighters ventilated the building to remove remaining CO levels, while local paramedics and Union Gas helped with the emergency response effort.

One resident went to hospital at their own discretion for CO poisoning medical treatment. Other tenants were examined on scene, but none required treatment in hospital.

No injuries were reported and residents were able to return inside when officials said it was safe.

(RSS generated with FetchRss)

Powered by WPeMatico